Thursday, April 28, 2011

Confidence and Diapers

  So if your following my blog I take it you'd like to know more about me?? One thing about myself is I am confident. No I'm not self absorbed or cocky, just confident. I didn't always feel this way, though. Growing up I was a bit of a nerd and shy. I was teased, didn't have a lot of friends, and wasn't "popular" with my family either. When I really started to grow up I think was after graduating high school, but it was a long road after that. I realized that the "acceptance" I wanted had to come from within. I needed to believe in myself if I ever wanted anyone else to believe in me. Now, I am a go getter. I don't sit and mess around and pity myself, I take steps forward. When I really started to feel the most confident in my life was when I was a waitress. I mean, how could getting a 100 dollar tip for waiting a table NOT give you that boost?! I really enjoyed that job, and it was hard work. I learned a lot about myself and it really plays part in who I am today. But nothing else has changed me more than being a mother. I am so much more confident, but in a new way. I love the way that taking care of my baby and making him a happy little person makes me feel. I even love my body more now than before I was pregnant. I have these reminders called stretch marks I see every day to remind me what I went through during my pregnancy and what I brought into this world. It's just amazing. Doing little things like, eating well and taking vitamins so he is nourished with the best and cooking his baby food with my own hands gives me a fulfillment I never knew I could have! (Plus so much more things I do)

  Ok, so to shake off the seriousness, I have to share something funny. You know how Brayden is going through a growth spurt and is eating eating eating? Well at 1 am he woke up to a soaked jammy and bedding from his diaper leaking all over the place. It seems funny now, but at 1 am it wasn't! My husband and I could barely open our eyes and we were a bit grumpified because neither of us was prepared to change and clean all that. (And he normally sleeps til at least 3 am these days.) Also it probably wouldn't have happened if he had his size 3 diaper on. But we are still trying to use up the size 2's that are left...whoops! I can't believe he even wears size 3 diapers now, unbelievable. Not only that but he is about to reach a big milestone, sitting on his own. He is VERY close. He sits for about 15-23 seconds at the most, then topples over haha. And the other day he started shaking his rattle and other toys to hear the sounds! So adorable.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...