Friday, June 24, 2011

Getting so strong!

Today started out tough for this Mommy...It started out with me tired  for what seemed like forever, I was spit-upped on, peed on, and had a non stop screamer for about 30-45 minutes when it was time for nap #2. So, I decided to do a "cheater" nap and take him on a walk. Worked like a charm, like always. Thank goodness it is nice enough outside to do that! (The weather this week has been fantabulous) It was a life saver for myself as well because it got me energized and cleared my head, which calmed me. I really dislike being frustrated around the baby. Make that PERIOD! Then I did a workout a little later since I was feeling mommylicious (that's when a mommy feels good about herself, I just made it up lol). Little did I know Brayden was going to start a workout of his own, CRAWLING. Oh. My. Gosh. This is a miraculous, not to mention CUTE thing to witness! He's starting to do it slowly, and only a few "strides" at a time. (I think I worded that right) I am just too proud of him! He's been acting like he really wants to do it for weeks now. And it doesn't stop there...he learned to pull up to stand some time ago and hasn't really cared to keep doing it often. He gets stingy with his performances hehehe. But since yesterday he is now all over it like frosting on a cake! And today he's been doing it non stop. He now gets into everything on the second shelf of the bookcase, right after I had completely cleared off the bottom shelf yesterday too! Guess that's what I get! Oh and he loves to going from laying to sitting up over and over now, like he can't make up his mind. Ha! I swear, every time he he wants to do new stuff he goes crazy with it all at one time. Like when he turned 6 months, that was an event! He will be 8 months old in 6 days so it makes sense. Wait, 8 months old? AH he's such a big boy I can't even believe it!! I still see him as my teeny tiny new baby. Ok one more adorable thing he did I have to share! He started going away from me (I was sitting on the couch, he was army crawling around on the floor) and I tried getting him to turn around and come back to me but he wouldn't. Then I said "You want nay nay?" That's the name we came up with for nursing when he was newborn. Anyways, he stopped then turned around and crawled his way to me moaning the whole time then came and pulled himself up on the couch and even let out a "Ma!" AHHHH my heart dropped to the floor and melted into putty!! It was so amazing, and it is great to see he actually knows what nay nay means! So so smart I tell you. I LOVE that boy more than the whole wide universe. <3
Blurry cause he's on the move!
First time he stood up with this toy










We have our plans for my Hubster's birthday/Fourth of July! We are going to Columbia for a couple days and it's going to be extra fun because my sister's mother-in-law and her daughter will be visiting! We haven't seen them in almost a year so they haven't even met Brayden yet! I'm excited, we love them very much. :D So I will make Jon a cake like I do every year and I'm sure my mom will be cookin' a good meal...still need to talk to her about all that though. And of course we plan to get our firework on. (Katy Perry has totally ruined talking about fireworks for me) So a simple yet exciting time in store! I can't help but wonder how Brayden will do with his sleep and all, since this is his first trip since the sleep training. I hope my friend is right and he will surprise me!! We wont know if we want to stay 2 nights or just 1 until we see how that first night goes. I'll let ya know how he does, cool? Alrighty everyone have a great weekend! Toodles!



*hugs n' babbles*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...