Sunday, June 12, 2011

Made with love

I have started using my sewing machine, and I have to say that I feel like an official homemaker from back in the day! Which basically is saying I feel like I'm my Grandma, but a modern version. I made a couple simple things I'd like to share with ya'll, hope you like them!

So I first of all I want to share that I am HUGE on reusing old things and keeping them around and long as possible. This saves money and gives so much usage out of things that you think have no purpose anymore. The first thing I made I don't have pictured because it was just to start practicing but it was a little blanket that turned out to be a pillow case for a little pillow Braydonian has. Now I'll show you the other stuff...

This is a changing pad I made out of a fleece blanket passed down to Brayden from his cousins, and a towel that had no use for! The picture above is of me turning it right-side-out after sewing the layers together. I made this to go in his diaper bag so I don't have to keep using thin receiving blankets. The towel was so it would be thick as well as absorbent! (I like to think practical)

Finished product!


Next I made a burp cloth out of 2 old receiving blankets, (2 to make it double sided) also passed down from his cousins, and that same towels left overs. After making this I started to really feel like I'm getting the hang of this sewing jig and am pretty proud of myself!

Cool beans!

It turned out the perfect size and thickness and it's SUPER soft! Next time I make burp cloths I want to add cute ribbons and quilt binding, as well as use batting instead of towels. Also I will be using some of Brayden's now plain white burp cloths, they need some flair for sure.

 Well I better get back to my motherly duties here at mi casa, but I am excited to share about my little homemade baby goods! I love the idea of hand making things for Brayden. It's like those things will have so much love behind them because of the time and effort it took and not just bought at a store. It will be nice to even start making gifts for some friend's and family who have babies and are going to have new babies arriving!  Maybe one day I will be good enough to start a sewing tutorial blog ;)


*big hugs!*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...