Friday, June 10, 2011

Sew, It's Summer Time

  Summer is here!! I love summer time, it makes me all chipper and perky! Although, being out in the heat really makes me sleepy more than anything, that's weird now that I think about it lol. It's already super duper hot outside but that makes it more fun to go swimming and stuff! We took Brayden to a local swim park and he went in the pool for the first time! It was sooo adorable. Especially seeing him in his baby swim trunks haha! He was scared and did not want to be an inch away from Mommy or Daddy. He didn't even freak out that bad, just whimpered off and on! We were able to walk in the pool all around and he was calm as long as we held him right against us. I think it was a mix of the cold water and all the people around. I hope eventually he will warm up to the swimming pool and start to love it. After all, his Mommy is a HUGE swimmer and loves the water more than anything! It makes me think of when he gets older and how fun it will be to put him in swimming lessons and things like that. I loved swim lessons as a kid and still have the best memories from it. But that is a long time away and I still have loads of baby days to enjoy! Jon has been barbequing a lot too the last couple weeks. It's pretty great to have a husband that really loves too bbq and cook, I gotta say! Especially since cooking isn't really my thing, but I do it anyways because that's one of the jobs of a stay-at-home Mommy. I do, however, enjoy cooking all of Brayden's baby food. It's so much fun, and I don't even like cooking! There's something about it, and it makes me feel good.
  Well you know how I started saving up money for an SLR camera? Well I used some of that to buy me something that will give me LOTS of new projects this summer, and beyond... I got a sewing machine! I seriously feel like the ultimate, old fashion homemaker now! (Such a dork) I am really excited to use it and I already started practicing! I haven't even used a sewing machine since Jr. High school but I am picking up on it like I've always remembered. Not to brag or anything ;) I have always been crafty (I take after my mom and grandma) and it is actually really simple to use. I can't wait to go shopping at the fabric and craft stores and start making things for Brayden and the house. I have a couple things in mind I want to make and then I'm also going to look at a website a friend told me about (allfreesewing.com) and then later I'm going to maybe pick up a book or magazine for more ideas. So as far as the camera goes, I will more than likely be getting that by the beginning of next year. The time will go by fast so I don't mind waiting.
  And like always, I have a "first" to update about! Brayden now can go from laying on his belly into sitting position all by himself! I was taken by such surprise this last Tuesday evening at Jessica's house, when Bray and I were there for Mom's group, and he did it! It was cool, but I kinda wished Jon was there hehe. That's how is though, he can only see some of his firsts and not all. He has also started moving forward while on his fours. He only steps forward with his hands 1-2 times then rocks and goes back to his belly. He is such a trip! But he's really learning to crawl and I swear it's going to be where he decides one day to just take off and then I will look back and think it's crazy how he ever got around before then. I was just thinking the other day, how weird it is to think back before Brayden was mobile and just laid there. Happy as can be just, LAYING there all still! And it's even crazier how short of a time ago that was. As he gets older there are so many bittersweet moments like that. I sure love my baby boy! And he will always be my baby boy no matter how much he grows and learns! :)


*hugs n' bobbins*

1 comment:

  1. You have a beautiful blog! I am a new fan from Bloggy Moms.

    http://www.ourbananamoments.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ourbananamoments

    Marsha

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...