Friday, June 17, 2011

This one time, at the zoo...

Get ready for a long post because there is a lot to talk about! Hmmm where do I start? We, Brayden and I went with some ladies and their kids to the zoo yesterday! It was his first time and we had a BLAST. He did really well, too considering he has had a cough and his allergies acted up while we were there as well. So we had fun, saw lots of animals yadda yadda yadda. I just want to bring something up that makes me feel mad and sad about the "world." I have not had the situation come up since Brayden was born where I need to nurse him in a place that is not "nurse friendly," and my first time made me very flustered. I know the gal I was with was too. She had went to the information thingy to ask if they had a place for mothers to nurse their baby and they gave us directions on how to get to the area and all that. We went on the little train with our group (FUN by the way) and got off near where the place was. By the time we got on the train my baby was mad other than the times we were actually moving. SO, as mothers I'm sure you all understand how that can be frustrating. We get to where they told us and all it is, is benches outside where people were smoking and then a public restroom with a single stall bathroom right next to it. OH, and I should mention this was a HOT tamale day! So I decided to just sit outside and whip out my nursing cover and get him going. It was just too hot for us so I went to the public restroom since my friend was in the one staller. (I didn't use that one because I had blisters forming on my feet and I really just needed to be seated) So, I hop on the bathroom counter (moment to lol about that) and continue feeding my precious boy with nursing cover on. I felt SO awkward like a kid in school who has no friends and eats in the bathroom. (well, at least they do that in the movies!) Women, yes WOMEN were giving me dirty looks and you know what? I did NOT give a rats a**! Parson the french usage but remember, I was pretty livid. And, it was sitll hot in there. Not as bad as outside but still hot enough to keep Boo Boo and I sweating. Glad it didn't last long, but I will never allow myself to get in that situation again. And to women out there who have a problem, WHAT WOULD YOU DO? I'm sorry, but I will ALWAYS choose my baby's needs over what the world thinks of me! Heck if I didn't have the nursing cover I would still do it! Get a life. :D But it was a great day. We were there from late morning til around 4ish. Long day!

Brayden has had a little something that I don't even know if I should call a cold. But he's been coughing, mostly when sleeping. No other symptoms! And he's been pretty happy except when it comes time to go down for bed at night or his naps. The humidifier has been awesome and stops the coughing as soon as it's been on a few minutes. But, since that was making his room hot, he would cry and cry until I turned on the air conditioning! Then he would go to sleep. So what I did today to solve this issue but help the cough was we went to Target and bought him a more pricy cool mist humidifier. It's in the shape of a froggy, totally adorable! And I love it! We also bought more Vick's vapor rub because somehow I've lost the one we had. I did something new...I saw online and even the Dr. office told me to do this: Put a thick coat of the Vick's on the soles of baby's feet then cover with socks. I did that plus a tiny bit on his chest and what happened? After story time he was put to bed, and stayed completely silent! He didn;t even move around or anything. I feel like my amazing sleeper baby is back! I hated him being so mad to go to bed because he knew it was going to be uncomfortable. My little love dove!


 This weekend it going to be a nice relaxing, fun weekend. Jon is off for 4 days for Father's Day! I think tomorrow he is going to take me to Hobby Lobby to get some sewing materials I need to start more projects. Awesome! Then Sunday we get to go to church, ant time we want since he's actually off. (That's kinda rare) Not sure what else he wants to do but it's all up to him. He is an awesome Daddy and deserves it all. Honestly he is probably going to want to be home with us more than anything because he loves that. Family time is important and very precious. :) Well there is so much more to share but I will just have to save some for future posts. I am getting sleepy (it's only 8:45 what is wrong with me) and I want to have some quality time with Big Daddy before I hit the hay. So goodnight wonderful people and have an amazing Father's Day weekend!!!

P.S. I am going to start blogging some helpful tips, tricks, and stuffs I have learned in my days of being a Mommy because they have worked so well and feel the need to share and help! Everyone could use those so stay tuned for some cool updates my pals!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...