Sunday, May 22, 2011

A 24/7 Mom

  Just like it sounds, I am a 24/ momma! This post is going to be a little more of a (healthy) vent for me. We all need to do that once in a while so here it goes...

What a 24/7 Mom is like through my eyes:
No alone time with adults, including Hubby. 
Trying to fit in time for a shower when the pits are already smelling up the house.
Trying to keep baby off kitchen floor because I already have used all the Swiffer pads, it gets dirty THAT often.
Rushing around at least once an hour for a new spit-up rag, along with a new shirt or sometimes pants.
Laying on the floor while baby plays because I have lost the energy to keep my dizzy head up because I STILL need more sleep. Just because the baby sleeps all through the night doesn't mean I do, due to my brain being stuck in the habit of needing to wake up once or more from all those months of night wakings.
Looking at the piled up dishes in the sink makes me feel uneasy because I would like to eat off them, not look at them all nastay.
Constantly changing diapers. That's all for that one.
Looking forward to a nap all day then the baby decides 30 minutes is enough time to sleep, when that's how long my brain has now become accustomed to actually begin to fall asleep. Sometimes longer.
Almost getting to the point of going upstairs to ask the neighbor to come over when I barely even know her.
And the big one, just never feeling like I have the time to get any household and personal things done.
There is much more things to add to this list, but the "Mommy Brain" makes me forget so many things by the time I get here to write about it.

  Now, please hear me out. I know I am truly BLESSED to be a stay-at-home mother to my wonderful, beautiful baby boy and I never take it for granted. But at the same time being a 24/7 Mom is hard work and it makes me mad how some people think that it's easy! Those people have never been a stay-at-home Mom. I don't want to hear how "good" I have it right now, I just want to vent and get things off my chest because I never have the time to do that, and it really helps. I don't want to hear how much "harder" it is to work and be a parent, I have my husband for that. And actually he doesn't ever complain. (Probably because he sees first hand how hard it is sometimes for me.) Not everything can be rainbows and roses all the time people. I am real, and I want my blog to be raw for ya. I will not fake how my life is for the sake of my followers on here. Yesterday was one of those days that was just flat out hard. I want to cry when I think about it. And if you want to know more I'm sorry, there's just too much detail for that one peeps. But today I am already much better, but I still wanted to share this, like it or not. You know, sometimes I wish I was in Bakersfield where my friends are all my FRIENDS and will actually come over, or talk to me on the phone, and I feel comfortable reaching out to them. So that also adds a little stress not being around them. I have been so blessed to have a couple friends here that I have been able to just cry on the phone to and get amazing feedback in return. Yesterday I was able to talk on the phone a little bit, but it was tough to not really have the chance to say more. Anyways, I'm done venting here!
  ...Hmm, maybe not. Can I just say how retarded I think yesterday was with all this "rapture" business? It makes me laugh really, but also pissy. Why was everyone going along with it like that might actually be real?? Yes, I believe it will happen one day like the Bible talks about, but Matthew clearly states only God knows when this will happen. People get all high and mighty thinking they are God (or whatever) and can time exactly when this stuff will happen. (End of the world etc.) And they are just PLAIN morons. And the dude who started this whole thing with it being May 21, 2011 at 6:00pm, or whatever, makes all Christians or Baptists (I don't even know what he is) look oh so bad. And anyone partaking in it looks bad as well. Be smart people and stick to what you have trusted in your whole faith life, the BIBLE. Boom.

  Ok, I want to leave this with a good note so I want say that I love God, my baby, my husband, and my life. Everything is so wonderful right now in the big picture, even though the little paintings get smudged here and there. My boy is continuously sleeping through the night and just really rocking it with this sleep program. Maybe Mommy should start a new sleep program for her! Hahaha. Seriously, I need to reteach myself how to get good sleep and to not wake up so much. Pregnancy ended almost 7 months ago, and night wakings are pretty much a thing of the past. So I need to get back on track! Not sure how yet, but I'll let you know how it works out. ;)




*hugs n' slobbers*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...