Wednesday, May 11, 2011

It's negative!

  Ok, so I started to notice something random (going to spare the tmi details here) and decided to ask my lactation consultant about it and she said it's something that just happens with change in hormones. So I thought, why would I have a change in hormones?? And I got to thinking of some other symptoms I've noticed lately and decided to take a pregnancy test. She had also said that was a good idea. Until I saw that negative result, I really got to thinking of just how much I DO NOT want to be pregnant and have another baby yet! AH! So from now on I am going to be extra careful. It's something to laugh about now, but you don't want to know what was running through my head when I thought of the possibility!! Sure, I think of having my next baby ALL the time and how I can't wait. BUT, right now I feel I need to be responsible and take care of my little man as a baby the best way, and that's with only him! Heck, he's not even sleeping all through the night yet! Then when he's older and at an age some what more independence, I can try to have the second baby. Phew!

 I've talked about teaching my baby some signing since I got pregnant and wasn't really sure the age to start it but I found out that that age is 6 months! Which means it's time to start, yay! I already sign him the alphabet as I sing the song, since he was really tiny, just to get the idea of signing in his head. So it might be pretty simple for him. Can't wait to see! This morning we watched a Baby Einstein video called First Signs. It was great! Taught me some sign language and Brayden also loves to watch those videos because of the cute noises and puppets. He smiles so big at the tv!! Anyways, a friend told me about a website that also teaches you for free so I'm very happy she shared that and now I have another resource other than buying a book. :)
 And another thingy that has turned on a light bulb in my Mommy brain, baby PROOFING! I need to get on it a.s.a.p as Brayden is moving everywhere and getting even more curious as to what things are and what he can nom on, lol. He came into the kitchen for the first time today! He usually gets to the threshold part and just stays and watches me, but now he's decided he can crawl over it haha. Such a silly boy, and a smart boy as well! Not looking forward to spending a lot of money on that stuff but it's very important to keep my baby safe.
  
  Last thought, if you rememer from one of my previous posts, tomorrow is our appointment with the sleep clinic YAY! I can't wait to get my family on a personalized sleep plan and teaching Brayden to self soothe! One thing I'm not looking forward to, though, is the first nights of getting him trained. There will probably be crying involved and I'm not used to him crying without automatically giving him what he wants! Don't worry, we are not about the cry-it-out method, at all. But it is ok for him to cry as long as a parent is there with him. So for now I have to suck it up and give this a shot! Whatever that is! Still have to get our plan first hehe. I will let you know about it after wards!

*Hugs n' rattles!*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...