Monday, May 9, 2011

Mother's Day and what's been going on

  Yup, spring greetings to all! Yesterday was Mother's Day and it was pretty special being my first, officially! Last year my hubby got me gifts too, but now my son was actually here to celebrate with me. :) The day started with going to church and then Sunday school. I was impressed how well Brayden did going that long! It was like he KNEW it was a day to be good for his mommy haha! Then my husband had to take off to work, which was hard for me, but I had a good day playing with my B-Boy. Then when Jon got home from work we went to Target and I got to walk around and shop a little for almost 2 hours, it was legit. I never get time away from the baby so I felt it was needed so I can have a little time to feel like myself again, and myself LOVES to shop uninterruptedly. (And of course I bought something for Bray Bray too, can't help myself) I can't wait til the end of the week because my husband says he has a coupon for me to get a mani pedi. Boy it's been TOO long since I've had that! It's so sweet how he wants to do so much for me, then again he's also treating me since he's going to a Cardinal's game without me....
  About that, I am one proud wife! My husband is number one in his market (sales) and so his boss rewarded him with a ticket to a Cardinal's game, but it's not just any ticket. He will be sitting in a VIP luxury sweet with other sales leaders and BIG timers in his company!! Also will get free unlimited beer. Ya, I'm jelly hehe. He is very excited and I'm excited too, just wish I could go ;)
  So back to Mother's Day weekend! Saturday we had our first official family picture done and it is the cutest picture I've ever seen of us 3 all together. Looking at it is just so surreal, like, that's my family! I made this! Well both of us did :D And Brayden's 6 month pictures are too adorable for words. Lets just say I am a very PROUD Mommy. I had no idea I could have a baby this cute!! Speaking of being a proud Mommy, Brayden has had some cool firsts this weekend. He learned how to use his sippy cup without my help! I turned around then turned back and he was holding the handles and tipping it up to get the drink!! I really think he's going to be a genius that boy. Other first, he sat in the shopping cart for the first time with his cover. He just about exploded with excitement!! I decided it was time for this because he sits on his own and we aren't toting him around in the car seat any more. Then today he sat in a highchair at Jack N the Crack with his cover, too. Precious! He shared some hash browns and biscuit with me. It was gosh darn exciting!
  One last thing, we are having more play dates and it's been really fun for Brayden. He just enjoys other babies so much. He gets his social personality from me! It's also good for me to get around other Mom's and talk about everything our babies are doing because so many things that seem unusual are actually very normal and it helps me feel better to hear other babies do the same stuff. Not to mention getting to know people and making friends! That's the best part.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...