Saturday, May 21, 2011

Cribs n' Grins

  Last night was the first night of step 2 with the sleep plan. This is where we put him in his crib and a parent sleeps on a mattress that is level with the crib. Now that he falls asleep on his own without assistance, he now will learn to do this in his crib, and not right next to the parent. He did beautifully!! He fell asleep in about 5-10 minutes with no crying. WOW, my baby is definitely a champ! :) And that's not even the best part, he slept all night long until shortly after 6 am. Sweetness! This morning he was extremely tired by the time he had been awake for 2 hours, and that's how it should be. He went in the crib for his nap and fell asleep real quick and has now been asleep for going on over an hour. This is awesome because since starting the program they say their naps will be really short and gradually will get longer as their bodies get used to sleeping at those exact times every day. I'm happy my little man is now getting the sleep he needs, as well as Mommy and Daddy! Yipper skippery doo!
  So yesterday my son's top tooth finally decided to start breaking through the gum! I still can't believe in a matter of days he will have 3-4 teeth. I feel like I'm not ready! But it's also very exciting to see all this stuff happen. It's not at all like when I saw it with other babies. Now I get to see what happens every single day and what a whole day's difference is. Very cool. I'm also a little confused but this toofer because it is to the left of his left middle tooth, which seems a little TOO far to the left to even be the middle tooth! Might he be getting a random top tooth and not the usual third tooth? Who knows, he is already so special that he might just want to keep the surprises coming. :P Only time will tell, just like every thing else in the baby life. I'm just happy to know he will soon not have to deal with teething pains. Temporarily at least!

  One more update, I've started saving money towards my DSLR camera. I am so excited about that! It will take a long time to get what I need but who cares! I like the feeling of putting aside extra money and that soon it will go to something that I feel I EARNED. Just a little something that makes me feel good, and happy. :)


*hugs n' smiles*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...