Wednesday, May 18, 2011

To sleep or not to sleep?

  It is now the fourth night since starting step one of the sleep plan: get baby to sleep unassisted. Last night he went to sleep in 10 mins, barely a fuss, and woke up once and cried, only because Jon had to clean him off from peeing all over himself! Poor buddy! Today has been SUCH a success! Each nap he went to sleep in under 10 minutes with little fussing. And then tonight when I put him to bed he drifted off to sleep after only laying him down for 2 minutes, and not a fuss! We are so close to starting step 2-3: getting baby to sleep in the crib, all night. I wonder how that first night is going to go! I think he'll be a champ don't you? ;)

  So being a stay-at-home mommy to a 6 month old sure keeps a gal busy! Didn't realize how busy till I got here. There is so much cleaning to do now that he is army crawling just about everywhere, laundry that goes on and on, food to cook and throw together to make sure I don't starve myself, trying to fit in a nap so I can make it through the whole day that is too short, and SO much more! Some days I feel like I can't even fit in a shower! But its wonderful all at the same time. And it really makes me soak up the days my husband has off and is here with me. But, sometimes I still can't get everything done because I have all the errands to run when he's home lol. You would think I mind, but I got to say I love being a busy momma. Its exciting to try to fit in all these things into our schedules, keeps me on my toes a bit! Well I'm off to bed with my little man. He looks so sweet and peaceful right now, I really am so blessed!

*hugs n' wubbanubs*

1 comment:

  1. Imagine having all that stuff in your schedule, and then add 40 hours a week of work. That's me. And THEN, add 5 college classes. That will be me in August...I feel your pain! Babies are a lot of work, but it is so much fun, and very rewarding, aren't they? :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...