Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Sending Kudos To Men

  Men are incredible, and my husband continually surprises me! I have to give him a shout out for the amazing job he has been doing with the baby for his sleep training. As you know, for the past 2 nights he has had to take care of all the nightly routines with Brayden. He's fed him dinner, which wasn't required since I have been home for dinner, given him his bath, reading his bedtime story and everything else I normally do at night to get the little man ready for bed. Plus he's been strong the whole time Brayden has cried when going to sleep and during the night wakings! He is doing better than I would do, I know that. So wonderful! And I can tell he is REALLY loving this extra bonding, since for 6 1/2 months it's been mostly about Mommy. It is the cutest sound listening to him playing with him in the bath. He really gets animated and Brayden squeals with such delight. It's not that I ever underestimated him, I am just so pleased to see how well it's going. I mean, I've never seen him take care of the baby ALL by himself before, this is our first one after all! I'm pretty bummed he has to go to work and close tonight, so we are going to try our best to have baby wait to go to bed with him. If he doesn't last I will have to do it.
  Another reason why men are amazing (and lucky) is how they can lose weight so fast. During my pregnancy and continuing after, Jon has gained some sympathy weight. Which normally men do! But all we have been doing lately is not drinking sodas, going for more walks together, and we both have been cooking more rather than getting food out. And I am just seeing the weight melt off. Why can't it be that easy for women?! LOL Anyways, I thank him and appreciate him very much. He has been keeping me strong during this time of sleep training the baby, even when I was about to not try it at all. He knows we need good sleep at night to be the happiest parents for Braydonian. And that's what this family deserves. :o)


*hugs n' remotes*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...