Saturday, May 14, 2011

Busy Bees, Sleepy Bees

  Wow, so much to talk about! Several days have past and as always a lot has gone on but I will try to cram it all the best I can. Thursday and Friday were both busy BUSY days for us! First on Thursday, we went ahead at took Brayden to see his pediatrician because for a whole week he had been extra fussy and would cry out of no where when playing. Our instinct was that it was teething but we wanted to be sure nothing serious was causing it. Well we were right! It was a nice visit that morning because Dr. Adil wasn't busy and actually had time to talk with us and dote on how adorable Brayden is. She was impressed with his skills and even asked to walk him around the office to "show him off!" I love her, she is an awesome doctor. :D Right after that we headed to our one on one appointment with the RN in Sleep Medicine at St. Luke's and got our whole sleep plan set up for Brayden. It is a 3 step plan that is going to make his transition the easiest as possible. In only 3 nights he will start to catch on to it. (At least catch on to step one!) It is very detailed so obviously I'm not going to describe it on my blog, lol. But it involves only Daddy for the first 3 nights, then me for 3 nights, and so on with exceptions here and there due to Jon's work schedule. Same for day time naps, Jon will do them in the beginning. We were going to start this on Thursday night but when we got home I broke down in tears. There was no way I was ready to start that night. So we are going to start Sunday night. I am just soaking up his current routine and getting my boo hoos out, so to speak. Oh, and the last two nights have been extra tough too because Bray has had trouble staying asleep! Might be a growth spurt haha. I say "haha" because in a previous post I had said he was going through a growth spurt, but who really knows. He's 6 months and changing all the time. Its super hard to tell! However, he is teething really bad on the top. Those suckers need to make their appearance already! I may not be ready for him to have 3 or four teeth yet, but I just want him to be comfortable. Yesterday and today have been good with that though, so yay! So, after the sleep training starts I will have a lot to write about, you better believe.
   Thursday we also had our first appointment with a christian counselor and it went awesome! This lady has personality for days and a sense of humor so much like mine I was wowed! She has been married herself for 32 years and knew exactly what we are going through. She read us like a book and Jon and I are very confident to continue seeing her for the next 6 weeks or so. And a God thing happened while we were there! She told me about her primary physician, who happens to be a christian as well, and gave me his number. This is awesome because I have been putting off getting signed up with one out here in Missouri (Hubs too) so I am looking forward to getting that taken care of and get a check up scheduled. :)
  And now for Friday, which was super busy too because we had our "payday" shopping to do. You know, groceries, essentials etc. and I even got to go to Goodwill and just look and shop for as long as I wanted while Hubby went home with the baby! It was awesome to get to do that. Then we had dinner plans at a friend's house and that was a total blast. It was so cool to get together with another couple and our babies and hang out and eat a delicious home cooked meal!  Today has been back to normal so hopefully Brayden will get good sleep, as well as his momma and dadda since it's the last night of our old ways of going to bed. I pray this will all go smoothly and we will have a wonderful outcome!! (And I hope I cry a little less) ;)

*hugs n' rattles*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...